Intelligent Waves (IW), a cutting-edge IT systems integrator delivering high-impact transformational IT solutions to the Government’s most mission-critical challenges, today announced that its own Chief People Officer (CPO), Heidi Parks, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, has been named a finalist in WashingtonExec’s 2021 Chief Officer Awards.
Heidi has reinvented the HR function and converted it into a motivational support organization that engages employees’ hearts and minds with compassion, listening, and purpose like never before. Simply put, Heidi is an agent of change at the cross-roads of employee engagement and elevating HR from a ‘necessary evil’ to an empowering unit that makes the company stronger.
In support of IW’s unprecedented growth and expansion, Heidi is responsible for defining and leading its invigorated HR function, including organization development, integrated talent management, leadership development, and culture. Heidi has over 19 years in HR Executive leadership roles, designing, leading, and executing scalable workforce solutions in alignment with strategic business goals.
As IW’s CPO, Heidi has achieved these significant leadership accomplishments:
- Heidi has implemented a People-First Customer Service delivery model for HR & Recruiting by creating and implementing an HR Mission, Vision, Commitment, & Service Delivery Goals that focus on fostering a work environment that encourages open communication, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
- Following the vision of being a Preferred Employer of Choice with a reputation for fostering a culture of trust and strategic partnership to successfully attract, retain and grow IW’s talented and diverse community, Heidi has rolled out IW’s Diversity Equity & Inclusion Program with a Strategic Plan that aligns with 2021 business goals.
- Heidi has pioneered an Employee Advisory Council, which consists of key employees that are now able to share their suggestions and ideas to improve the company culture and growth in a safe and non-attributional way, allowing executive management to make high-impact changes based on what employees care about the most.
In the past year, under Heidi’s leadership, IW has been recognized for:
- Nationally recognized by INC5000 as one of America’s Fastest-growing veteran-owned companies for the THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR
- Recognized ON INC’s VET100 List
- Top 2020 Best Companies for Veterans by Monster & Military.com
- 2020 Washington Business Journal – Ranked Largest Veteran-Owned Companies
As an innovative and passionate CPO, Heidi is redesigning and rebranding the company’s Human Resources department to become the “People Operations” team with the vision of transforming the employee experience by operating with a people-centric lens, which in turn establishes trust and confidence from employees and executives across the organization.
Heidi has a stellar reputation for being an effective change agent. She focuses on expanding IW’s innovation culture, enhancing employee satisfaction, and fostering a positive culture that inspires impact, inclusiveness, and a strong sense of community. With Heidi’s leadership, IW has enhanced its organizational culture of transparency, open communication, and values across the company.
The WashingtonExec Chief Officer Awards recognize the most impactful and innovative executives in government and industry sitting in the C-suite. The awards aim to fill a gap in the market of showcasing the technologists, security experts, and business leaders making waves in government contracting from both sides of the sector. The Chief Officer Awards finds the officers leading their organizations with innovation, expertise, and thought leadership, demonstrating real, positive GovCon leadership. Winners will be announced during the virtual awards ceremony on May 27, 2021.
About Intelligent Waves LLC
Intelligent Waves LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB). The firm provides enterprise systems engineering, cloud computing and managed services, cyber and security architecture, mobility, operations, and intelligence analytics. For more information, visit www.intelligentwaves.com.